Details On Living At Nature Sanctuary House
Friendly Quiet International Retreat House
Nestled In Breathtaking Nature Between Urban Areas
The Real Deal. Free Of Dogma & Political Drama.
Gentle serene nature, trails and energy offer more than an ordinary house could dream. Enjoy bright, spiritual and loving souls. People from all diverse backgrounds and countries encouraged to apply.
Enjoy the secluded country haven only 38+ min from Berkeley during clear traffic. Three miles outside Fairfield. Steve has several acres surrounded by miles of natural wooded hills. Live best of both worlds – near civilization and nature. Between three international airports.
Abundant Nature Near But Separated From Urban Congestion:
Many deer, squirrels, birds, fox, raccoons, etc. Free from urban noise in the background. Instead hear crickets in the summer, night frogs during Napa’s green season, and when raining, the property’s seasonal creek.
Surrounded By Lots Of Open Space:
• Ample room throughout the acres for outdoor chairs, tables, overhead canopies, etc. The moderately steep hillside has native oak, buckeye and bay trees.
• On the newly purchased property, we’ll be planting a wide variety of organic fruit trees like tangerine, oranges, Meyer lemons, peaches, apricots, plums, pomegranates, cherries, apples, walnuts, etc. Plus we will plant grapes, avocados and olives into the natural landscaping.
Utilities & More:
Unlike most country properties on wells, we are on city water as we’re surrounded by urban areas. Getting utilities here from surrounding urban areas is more expensive because we’re surrounded by square miles of nature. Trucking propane is more costly. As environmental protection restricts diving land to under a half square mile, there are few houses, hence fewer customers for all the work it takes getting it here. PG&E and AT&T lose money but are required to provide service. We share at least one shared copper house phone line. Includes: electricity, gas, water, septic, high speed internet, at least one shared copper phone line, firewood burning chimney sweep. Plus Steve covers environmentally sound clothing and dish detergent, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spices and paper products. Included are very basic foods: organic brown rice, organic pasta, diverse gluten free flours, oatmeal. Portion of shared fresh vegetables too. As it comes to more than your $140 mo share, Steve covers the extra costs for your peace of mind on knowing what to expect.
Financial Side – What Works For You?
Save on rent. Save for buying your house later. Rent includes all utilities. What works for you? Chip in with work on the land and in the house. What you choose to pay and we agree on, depends on different negotiable factors:
• Finances You Can Contribute: What you can afford. Save money by contributing your time for fun community projects.
• Involvement: How much you decide to be part of our community coming to our gatherings and shared Saturday dinners, and Sunday morning group meditation.
• Your non financial contributions in addition to rent can include:
growing vegetables; taking care of the house and 5-acres; making improvements like building a green house with views extending from the living room; building a quality storage structure; cooking; cleaning; etc.
• Your accommodation requirements also effect the rent: Whether you can share your sleeping area or if you require a more expensive private room.
• As it’s owner occupied, no worries about narrow minded landlords. Get creative. Kindly suggest what living arrangements might work for you..!
Travel Times – Less Than You Imagined:
• 50+ minutes from San Francisco. Only 15 min from central Fairfield where highways 80 and 12 meet, yet deep in quiet valley completely away from traffic, sirens, tourists, and materialistic cultures.
• Country roads free from rush hour traffic and street lights. Yet near supermarkets and much more. 25 minutes to downtown Napa’s innovative restaurants like the Oxbo. Public transport isn’t available in the country.
• The address is initially confidential. Please call 707 422-2565. For a cursory view enter “Gordon Valley Fire Station” into Google Maps, which is one mile away. Bring friends, the more the merrier.
• We’re also near Northern California’s Solano County’s Fairfield and Suisun Harbor, Sonoma County’s Santa Rosa, Lake County’s Middletown, Yolo County’s Davis and Contra Costa County’s Walnut Creek. Travel is by car, motorcycle and if you’re inclined by bicycle. Public transport is 9 miles away. Located between San Francisco International Airport, Oakland Airport, and Sacramento International.
Bring, buy or build your private bedroom furniture. The living room, media room have extra space reserved for those extra furniture. You can set up hammocks and outdoor furniture in private areas of the property for you and friends. Plenty of storage.
• Very affordable nature house. Enjoy the best of many worlds, including proximity to civilization, natural secludedness with serene views. Prices are much lower if you are creative and flexible in not requiring a room just for yourself. Rent is at its lowest price considering you will be volunteering to help your future non profit community.
• Rent can stay the same for years.
• You must see the views from the rooms before sunset, when coming to our parties absolutely every Sat.
• Enjoy all the standard amenities an urban house offers.
• Are you by chance an innovative entrepreneur? Why commute to your company or job? Work here surrounded by nature. Also enjoy the optional furnished private office suites and professional meeting rooms 15 minutes drive.
• The healthy retired, or semi retired on fixed incomes save money.
• We’re flexible and not OCD about omnivores and vegetarians. Recycling and composting is nice.
• Voice Calls: Newer smartphones get decent connection in the house. Or find peace by turning off your cell. Included landline is a backup for you and guests.
• We try to keep the gentle parties quieter than most. Some enjoy brining sleeping bags over the weekend to escape urban stress.
• Your friendly guests may spend the night on the first floor or camp outside.
• Sufficient firewood on property for years to come.
Optional Office Space, Meeting Rooms & Business Address
Optional Office Suites & Public Meeting Rooms:
15 min drive is the shared office building. Has office spaces and five conference rooms. Offers friendly receptionists into higher consciousness, fiber optic internet, business address, mail and package receiving and sending, 4 cent copies, three kitchens, coffee, janitorial. Unlike the house, there’s zero deposit. All inclusive private office suite rentals start at $580 mo. Driving thru country road to the Fairfield office building is free of rush hour traffic. Ample free parking like the Napa estate.
• Grow by accepting constructive feedback about ourselves. Carefully weight all aspects before arriving at conclusions. Humans claim to be open minded thought everyone sees through filtered lenses and has blind spots.
• Try speaking softly, gently and with love.
• Make it safe to share. Share your feelings within community.
• Grow without dogma, monotheism nor over hashed 1960’s self-help sound-bites. Steer conversations from materialistic culture, crazy politics and superficialities towards higher consciousness.
• Being truthful, very open, and compassionate fosters peace and harmony. Kindly disclose matters that may effect the community before moving in.
• The highest level of experiential plane is the spiritual one. The highest spiritual level is love.
• Our open minded community is for quiet, ethical, intelligent and gentle souls from diverse backgrounds and countries.
Staying Clear Minded & Free Of Being Hooked On Drugs:
While pot has medical benefits, it hinders achieving true higher consciousness. The mild hallucinogen counteracts achieving a more stable higher consciousness. Weed causes laziness issues, etc. Studies show it’s especially harmful for younger people. A wonder drug without side effects doesn’t exist. Instead of seeking the next high to avoid reality, consider morning meditating and moderate wine in Napa nature during the evening.
Wide Flat Areas Are Partly Below House
Near Banks Of Seasonal Creek
An Excellent Financial Deal!
• Where else can you live affordably near civilization and nature? Naturally all agreements are in writing. We enjoy house rules based on mutual respect. There are credit and background checks (your credit must be decent).
• Lets get to know each other before you move in and we become friends. It’s more about community than only paying for a place to crash. If you quickly need a place, consider temporary accommodation before moving in. The nearby highway 80 corridor has furnished weekly hotels with kitchens, motels, etc.
Best Of Both Worlds. Feels Off The Grid. And Enjoy City Amenities:
• Free electricity, city water and WIFI.
• Enjoy country roads free of congestion and traffic lights. We’re 3 miles beyond Fairfield. 38+ minutes from Berkeley, and Davis the other direction.
• The last some 0.4 miles is a beautiful winding narrow road. It’s private and takes you up for the inspiring views. The entire road to the house is black asphalt.
• Neighbors highly value their privacy. It’s country, so like just about anywhere in North America, like it or not, people have licensed fire arms for hunting. On privacy, we prohibit any trespassers with intricate security systems, etc. Please come at appointed times.
• Enjoy the large and very affordable quality food market Larry’s Produce. It’s ten min towards highway 80. Open June thru Dec. There’s also Whole Foods in Napa, plus Trader Joe’s, Raleys and Food 4 Less near I-80.
From the house we overlook a nice small valley (shown in the pictures). From the trail one sees the Napa vineyards, valley hills and natural terrain. The trail area is practically isolated from houses and other people.
About Our Pocket Of Secluded Nature In The Bay Area:
• Huge pocket of protected nature surrounded by urban areas. Nestled between the highway 80 corridor of Fairfield, Vallejo and American Canyon. Plus downtown Napa which is a 25 min.
• Napa County 8% Sales Tax: It’s a bit less than downtown Napa, Fairfield, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City, etc.
• Napa County Wikipedia.
• Regulations protecting nature from development drive up house prices in nature near the city. Our house was valued over $1,200,000. Can no longer split Napa lots under half a square mile.
• Large Rockville Park nearby. Shared pass.
• 9 miles (16 km) from the Heart of Fairfield. Includes historic court house, Italian restaurant, summer farmer’s market. Plus reputable flexible meeting rooms and small office spaces with receptionist available by the hour, day or month with free fiber optic WIFI, coffee and more. Free meeting spaces for aspiring non profits.
Much More Than Renting A Space In Some House.
All pictures taken at the sanctuary with iPhones and without photo shop. You have to visit to believe the energy. Let’s get to know each other..! Meet like minded poetic souls from around the world. Join our free dinner parties every Saturday for interesting conversations and healthy food. If you like, you can opt to bring hors d’oeuvre or wine. Today living space is available on the updated site.
House’s First Floor:
• Living room with fireplace flows to the dining room then kitchen and deck. Patio is partly covered.
• The kitchen enjoys a cantilever window for small plants and for sun ripening fruit.
• Main pantry with washer drier. Plus a small walk in pantry.
• Wood deck with nice views.
• Great jet stream hot tub. Beautiful views in the day, and stars at night. The valley enjoys little light pollution from the inner SF Bay Area.
• Possible small art hobby space carved from former 3 car garage no longer used by automobiles. Outdoor nature is great for many hobbies too..!
House’s Second Floor:
• We will be expanding. Now there are three above average sized bedrooms on the second floor, all with serene views without other’s looking in. We are reconfiguring the existing shower, indoor hot tub, outdoor jet stream tub, plus two sinks and two toilets.
• The 2nd fireplace room above the stairs leads to four bigger than average upstairs rooms.
• The house’s roofed area is over 3000 sq ft (270+ square meters).
Sharing The Friendly Napa House & Acreage:
Typical telecommuting from the house might work. While we can farm, commercial activity must strictly be done offsite or the nearby Fairfield office building. We can build greenhouses. One might later make a reasonable amount of wine onsite. We’re restricted from running a day to day bed and breakfast. To keep our higher consciousness clear, we don’t allow heavy drinking or weed. Let’s enjoy the friendly, quiet and healthy life surrounded by wilderness.
Questions & Answers
Q: Food shopping access?
A: Right on the way here from intersecting highways, or near downtown Napa if you’re coming that way. Costco, Raley’s, FoodMax, Trader Joes’, Food Max. Between Solano Mall and Napa Outlets. Huge farmer’s market nearby June thru Dec.
A: Great to eat in different places inside or outside on the property. We have a number of pick nick tables too. Mankas Corners 8 min. One of world’s best food and ambience on the way to and in downtown Napa. 12 min to several other restaurants near I-80 in Fairfield.
Q: Wineries & Olive tastings?
A: All around us and free of many tourists like up north in downtown Napa.
Q: Are you outside, or in between urban areas?
A: We’re quietly nestled between stressed edgy Berkeley and busy downtown Napa. 38+ to Berkeley, 50+ min to downtown San Francisco, 85+ min to SF International Airport. 3 hours west of Sierra ski slopes. During normal traffic.
A: Absolutely. Also if you have a poor phone signal, set your cell phone to WIFI Calling. WIFI calling has your phone work over the house’s internet. WIFI is fast enough to watch Netflix. Also fiber optic in large nearby office building if you are into creating computer servers, etc.
Q: Healthy dinners?
A: Yes we enjoy healthy food plus vegetarian dishes. BBQ chicken and vegetables every Sat evening. Included are stocking of only very basic organic foodstuffs.
Q: Hot tub and fire places?
A: Outdoor hot tub with secluded views of canyon and hills. Breathtaking moon and stars away from cement jungle.
Q: Can I bring friends?
Q: Cult or drug haven?
A: Absolutely not!
Q: Sleeping under the stars?
A: Yes occasional sleeping bags and tenting encouraged.
Q: Is the sanctuary a place I can grow spiritually?
A: Yes bring your unique self and grow with us. Sorry dogma and drama aren’t our thing.
Q: How big is it?
A: Roam the five acres of beauty. The roofed area has over 3,000 square feet in addition to the deck.
Q: Can I have a nice private office suite nearby?
A: Yes the 80 suite office building is 15+ min drive once you learn the short cuts. Along with fiber optic internet, you can rent office suites by the hour ($18) to by the month ($480+ including utilities, hot beverages, janitorial, receptionist and much more). Ample parking like at the sanctuary. 24/7 access.
Q: Can I decorate?
A: That could be nice.
Q: Room for me to bring furniture?
Q: Pet friendly?
A: Yes. Pets must be very well behaved.
Q: Creatively inspiring?
A: Let unspoiled natural views inspire you..! We love artists with their gentle art, be it traditional and digital art. Soft music is nice too. Hidden from cement jungle, though it would be nice if we were further away from its distractions.
Q: Do you encourage foreigners from other countries?
A: Yes! We invite people from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia, Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus and Czech Republic. People also welcome from Denmark Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel and magical Italy. Or perhaps you come from Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia or friendly Mexico? Steve was born in Hawaii and also raised in Japan, South Korea and Northern California. We love Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands and New Zealand. Are you from Nicaragua, Norway, Pakistan, Palestine, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, friendly Philippines or Poland? Portugal, Romania. Open for refugees and others from Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, UK, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Vietnam. Join us.
Q: Languages that might be spoken?
A: Arabic, Chinese, English, Farsi, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese and Ukrainian, etc. What languages do you speak?
Join Like Minded Spiritual People With These Directions
Let’s live together in harmony while pursuing dogma free spiritual paths. Work towards achieving a high level of consciousness in our lives. Grow without dogma, monotheism or over hashed 1960’s self-help sound-bites. Steer conversations from materialistic culture, crazy politics and superficialities towards the spiritual. We will try to protect ourselves from those not in alignment with these principles, and ask transgressors find alternative accommodations.
Ethics: Being truthful, very open and compassionate fosters peace and harmony in our community. Disclose pertinent matters. Timely do what you said you’ll do. Avoid excuses.
Non-Commercial: Our home is noncommercial focusing on spirituality. Handle any telecommuting work with least disturbance to spiritual environment. All calls are continued outside common area – another part of the house, outside, garage. Or text. The five business meeting rooms are only 15 min drive.
• Every action has a reaction. Be mindful about the effect your actions have on our community, neighborhood and effects on the property’s plants, animals and physical elements. Protect mother nature.
• Seek Constructive Solutions: We agree to resolve any conflicts or disagreements through rational discussions in the least hostile manner possible.
Sharing Food: All are encouraged to share healthy dinner every evening at 7:30PM. Save dinner for late comers. No animal slaughtering on the property. Weekly community meetings are held the same evening each week after dinner. Try calling onto the house phone to join in if you’re out.
Drug Abuse: We believe non prescribed drugs are counterproductive to achieving higher consciousness and clarity of mind.
• Grow by accepting constructive feedback about ourselves. Carefully weight all aspects before arriving at conclusions. Humans claim to be open minded though everyone sees through filtered lenses and has blind spots.
• Be open and eager to communicate.
• Try speaking softly, gently and with love.
• Make it safe to share. Share your feelings within community. Holding back while others open up is unbalanced, often makes open people feel uneasy.
Love: The highest level of experiential plane is the spiritual one. The highest spiritual level is love.
Namaste. Call Steven Mon-Sun 707 427-2565